Fire

Temple Israel blaze: My sister Tracy’s congregation, Temple Israel in Great Neck, caught fire.  Seems to be spontaneous combustion during renovation.  I was there in November 2006 and spoke to the full congregation about the war (Second Lebanon War).  Let’s hope they get back on their feet ASAP.

Advertisements

One response to “Fire

  1. The fire was the result of spontaneous combustion, but not from renovation. They had simply sanded the floors, then put the sawdust in a plastic garbage bag inside a plastic garbage can. The contractors apparently didn’t know that standard safety protocal requires putting the shavings in an air-tight metal container.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s